Sunday, September 20, 2015

Kids Corner...Apple Cookies

Welcome to the first ever Kids Corner! My kids are the ones that actually came up with the idea of Kids Corner.  They were excited that I was starting this blog and wanted to be a part of it. So each week they are going to help me find a healthy snack and then make it.   My kids are the reason why I decided to get  my degree in nutrition and it is very important for me to help guide them in knowing how to eat healthy.   I not only want them to eat healthy but I want them to know that eating healthy can be fun.  One of the best ways to do this is to get them involved in preparing food.  So this week we decided to make apple cookies.

I found apple cookies on Pinterest.  Here is the link https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14777505005047653/ or you can follow me on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kelejoe23/.  I will have all of the Kids Corner ideas under Kids Corner...pretty easy!
 
So let me introduce you to my kids.
Baileejo 





KyleeJo 
                                                                                                 



                                                                                                                                                       
Aiden 











So the first thing that they did was gather up the ingredients:

I let them pick their favorite apples which are Gala and Granny Smith.  We used two apples.
Peanut butter
Chocolate chips. (We know that dark is the healthier option but this family loves milk chocolate.)
Coconut
Almonds












 Now the fun part.  Each one took an apple slice and spread peanut butter on the apple and added coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds. 










Here are the finishing results.



They were so proud of themselves and had such a great time making them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment