Saturday, August 29, 2015

First workout since baby!

This is me 2 weeks after having KaydeeJo

It has been two weeks since we had KaydeeJo and I am ready to start working out again.  During my pregnancy I only gained 30 lbs.  With my three prior pregnancies I gained 40 lbs.  This pregnancy was different because I overall ate healthier.  I put more emphasis on eating plenty of fruits and veggies and tried not to eat out. Of course I had my craving for ice cream and Mountain Dew but I tried to not make them long term habits.  I was in really good shape before I got pregnant but for some  reason when I find out that I am pregnant I have zero ambition to workout.  I have done it for all of my pregnancies and each one I tell myself that I will keep working out but it never happens.  So I really have to concentrate on eating healthy.

     Since I am so badly out of shape and have a strained neck, I decided to just to cardio.  I really want to go to the gym and do my favorite type of cardio which is the stair climber since it really helps to define my calves but I do not want to leave little KaydeeJo yet.  Luckily we have our own treadmill that I will use to help get my endurance back.

     Before I had kids and was a personal trainer it was really easy to workout.  Since I was always at the gym it was easy to workout.  I was able to block out a 2 hour gap in my schedule so I could workout in between clients.  Now that i have a different job where I am not at the gym  and 4 little ones under the age of 6 it is a lot harder. Now I mostly workout at home and usually have less then an hour to fit in a workout.  It definitely is more of a challenge but it is doable.

For my workout I did 20 min. of cardio.  I actually ran the whole time!
 
I had a chocolate peanut butter protein shake afterwards:)

My workout partner was my little lady KyleeJo who rode her razor scooter while cheering me on.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment