Thursday, February 11, 2016

About Me




James and I


Hello!  If you are reading this I thank you because you have taken the time to check out my blog.  My name is Kellijo or Kelli.  I am married to the love of my life James and we have 4 amazing children, Baileejo, KyleeJo, Aiden, and KaydeeJo.  My family is my world and they are the reason why I strive to live a healthy lifestyle.  James and I met when we were both personal trainers at Golds Gym.  We were pretty much engaged after our second date.  It seems pretty crazy but when you know, you know!  Not long after we were married we found out that we were pregnant with our first child.  I just remember being worried that I had no clue about good nutrition and it really worried me.  At that time in my life I hated to cook, I mean I loathed cooking. I lived off of ramen noodles and dehydrated potatoes because they were fast and easy to make and crazy cheap.  I was completely clueless about ingredients in products and what I was eating wasn’t actually food.   My husband would always tease me that my diet was not that of a personal trainer.  Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t completely lost, I did eat some healthy things but I did not fully understand what a healthy diet meant.  I never looked at the ingredients.  I honestly thought that anything I bought at the grocery store was food and was okay to eat.
After Baileejo was born, both James and I started perusing our degrees in nutrition science. It took me awhile to finally receive my degree because we just kept on adding to our family.  After our second child KyleeJo was born, I decided that I needed to go to school part time.  Having two children, working, and going to school are not easy tasks.  That time in our life when we were both getting our degrees was the most stressful time and challenging time of our marriage. But we stuck to it and we did it! In a span of 4 years and 4 babies, I finally got my degree.  It was not easy but was 100% worth it.  It was such an eye opener to find out how important healthy nutrition is for us.  While I was in school, I decided that I wanted to start a blog. I knew I couldn’t do it while in school because I just had zero time. But I really wanted to share how I turned our eating habits around.  It defiantly was not easy, and it did take some time and tons of will power.  I really believe that people really want to be healthy but do not always know how to get there.  
So through this blog, and my knowledge about fitness and nutrition, I will show you how are family continues to evolve our lifestyle to a more healthy and happy one.  I just hope our journey can help influence yours!



 MY World

Baileejo

KyleeJo

Aiden

KaydeeJo

KaydeeJo
All pictures were taken by Brock Best.

www.brockbestphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment